Hiking in the Nockberge Biosphere Reserve
Hiking holidays in Carinthia
Carinthia's green oasis in a sea of stone
Hiking trails dotted with alpine chalets stretch out around (and above!) Lake Millstatt, a true jewel in Carinthia. More than 500 km of marked hiking trails invite you to go exploring. Whether you choose a leisurely walk, an energetic Nordic walking trip or a challenging summit tour, you are sure to find the perfect trail here.
Exciting hikes in Austria
Long adventure hikes at all levels of difficulty take you through pristine nature across the terraced landscapes around Lake Millstatt and up the blossoming MillstĂ¤tter Alpe mountain, where rustic chalets invite you to take a hard-earned break with a traditional snack.
Going on a hike through the gently rolling Nock Mountains or on the mysterious Mirnock Mountain with our experienced guides is a one-of-a-kind experience.
So close to heaven
The gentle crests made of crystalline rocks are what gave this area of Austria its name. Between the Lieser Valley and Turracher HĂ¶he region is where this alpine landscape full of nature and culture stretches out. Its soft green crests amaze visitors, as do the alpine pastures and rustic shepherds' huts.
With plenty of unique flora and fauna, you can go on the trail of marmots and brown bears, or look for Edelweiss or Alpine valerian, a special plant that grows in the Alps.
- Weekly guided tours with our skilled mountain and hiking guides
- Once a week guided tour with the Family Burgstaller
- You can rent backpacks and hiking sticks for free
- Hiking starting point, free hiking maps for rent and daily suggestions for your tours
- Hiking library
- Separate room to dry you hiking boots
- Central and calm situated hotel within the whole hiking area
- Free 3D movie about the Biosphere park Nock mountains in the Sagamundo
- Shuttle service via â€śAlmexpressâ€ť (extra charge)